Thursday, 22 March 2018
Article and comments
Most of mudslide-stricken California town told to empty out

Added: 13.01.2018 5:44 | 7 views | 0 comments

MONTECITO, Calif. : Most residents of mudslide-ravaged Montecito were under orders to clear out Friday as the search for victims dragged on and crews labored to clean up massive debris and repair power, water and gas lines. Even those who didn't lose their homes in the disaster that left at least 18 people dead were told to leave for up to two weeks so they wouldn't interfere with the rescue and recovery operation. It was another frustrating turn for those living in the Southern California town that has been subject to repeated evacuation orders in recent weeks, first because of a monster wildfire last month, then because of downpours and mudslides. Cia Monroe said her family was lucky their...

More in https: »

Image with code

Copyright © 2008 - 2018  - all rights reserved